With classes resuming soon in Owensboro and Daviess County, the Owensboro Convention Center, proudly managed by Spectra, and Specialty Foods Group, Inc. have partnered to collect much-needed items for our local students. The “Back to School Donation Drive” kicks off on Wednesday, July 20 and extends through Wednesday, July 27. Donated supplies can be placed in two drop boxes located near the front desk inside the Convention Center Lobby.
“This is yet another example of SFG’s commitment to our community and to the partnership we have forged with them here at the convention center,” said Dean Dennis, Spectra’s General Manager of the Owensboro Convention Center.
In addition to the donations being accepted at the Convention Center July 20 – 27, the July 22 Friday After 5 will feature an opportunity for donations to also be made at Exploration Station. The Exploration Station Bus will be located between the Convention Center and Riverpark Center on Veterans Blvd. Donors will receive a voucher for a free sandwich or wrap redeemable at the SFG Artisan Café located on the first floor of the Convention Center.
All grade levels are in need of items including:
- Loose-leaf paper (wide and college-ruled)
- One subject notebooks (wide and college-ruled)
- Composition notebooks
- Pocket folders without prongs
- Three ring binders (1” and 2”)
- Divider tabs for notebooks
- #2 Pencils, Ink Pens (black and blue), Highlighters, Crayons (24 pack), Colored Pencils (12 pack), Colored Washable Markers (8 pack), Colored Markers (10 pack)
- Graph paper
- Glue sticks
- Scissors (blunt end)
- Tissues, Paper Towels, Baby Wipes, Backpacks, Underwear (preschool through women’s plus) and Socks (preschool through adult)
“SFG continues to support our community and the children are our future,” said Ric Herrera, SFG Vice President. “We are happy to be able to contribute to the needs of our schools and children.”