(Daviess County Sheriff’s Office) – At approximately (12:37 AM) a deputy with the Daviess county Sheriff’s Office initiated a traffic stop on a moped operated by Richard T. Hidenrite attempted to evade law enforcement by going through the parking lot Star Trax Video Rental, jumping the curb and continued behind Chuckles Convenience Store. Hidenrite then went off road and over another curb into the parking of lot Kroger’s at 2308 Highway 144. Another deputy who was in the area was able to stop moped and apprehend both subjects. Search incident to arrest of Hidenrite resulted in discovery of a meth smoking pipe in his pants pocket. Deputies also located a baggie of meth that weighed approximately 5.5 grams in the area behind Chuckles Convenience Store where the moped had just been driven. Both subjects were arrested and lodged at the Daviess County Detention Center.
Richard T. Hidenrite, 50, of Owensboro, KY was arrested and charged with the following offenses.
1) No Tail Lamps
2) Fleeing or Evading Police, 2nd Degree (Motor Vehicle)
3) Operating on Suspended or Revoked Operators License
4) Tampering with Physical Evidence
5) Trafficking in Controlled Substance
6) Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Shelly D. Daugherty, 43, of Maceo, KY was arrested and charged with the following offenses.
1) Trafficking in Controlled Substance 1st Degree 2nd Offense (more than 2 grams of Methamphetamie)
2) Tampering with Physical Evidence
Hidenrite and Daugherty are currently lodged at the Daviess County Detention Center